April 10th – 12th 2014 University of Chichester, UK
We are very excited to announce that the Ludo 2014 international conference on videogame music will take place at the University of Chichester (UK) from Thursday 10th to Saturday 12th April 2014.
Our Call for Papers can be found here, and a PDF poster for distribution can be found here. Please help circulate and spread the word! The programme can be found here. Tweet about Ludo 2014 using the #ludo14 hashtag and follow the feed on Twitter!
This is our third annual conference on video game sound and music, and will feature:
- Keynote addresses by:
- Kevin J. Donnelly (Southampton University), author of The Spectre of Sound: Music in Film and Television (BFI Publishing, 2005)
- William Cheng (Harvard University), author of Sound Play: Video Games and the Musical Imagination (OUP, forthcoming)
- Industry sessions with game audio professionals including:
- Richard Jacques, composer of James Bond 007: Blood Stone (Activision), Mass Effect (BioWare), Alice in Wonderland (Disney), Headhunter (Amuze/Sega) and Starship Troopers (Empire/Sony Pictures)
- James Hannigan, composer of games from the Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, Command & Conquer, Wing Commander, Warhammer and Dead Space franchises
- Winifred Phillips, composer of Assassin’s Creed Liberation (Ubisoft), LittleBigPlanet 2 (Sony Computer Entertainment Europe), God of War (Sony Computer Entertainment), author of A Composer’s Guide to Game Music from The MIT Press
- Intellect-sponsored drinks reception
- Proceedings special issue of The Soundtrack with selected papers from the conference
- Conference Dinner at Spanish tapas restaurant, El Castizo.
The conference themes this year are:
- Canons and curating game music
- Simulation, immersion and “the real” in sound and audio
- Game audio outside games
Registration is now closed.