We are very excited to announce the official launch of The Society for the Study of Sound and Music in Games (SSSMG)!
The SSSMG is a network that’s been developed by the Ludomusicology Research Group, the North American Conference on Video Game Music, Audio Mostly, and an extensive advisory board of leading academics and practitioners. The aim is to provide a hub to connect together people working on game audio and to support advances in the understanding of sound and music in games.
The SSSMG helps anyone who investigates game sound and music, whether in an academic or professional setting, to discuss the topic together, exchange ideas and information, and keep up-to-date with new research. Anyone can join, and the members are always looking for new approaches to the subject.
SSSMG will make publicly available:
- General news
- General Society contact info
- Links to other affiliated societies/groups
- Events Calendar (view only)
- Newly revised, keyworded and searchable Bibliography
Registered members will have additional access to:
- Network with searchable, keyworded members’ directory
- Submit events for publication on the Calendar
- Share conference presentations and Green OA publications in a subject repository
- Compose and submit news posts
- Contribute to Bibliography Project
Further member benefits and services will be added in the future. Visit www.sssmg.org to find out more!