The Ludomusicology Research Group is pleased to announce the Ludo2022 Eleventh European Conference on Video Game Music and Sound, to be held in person at Royal Holloway, University of London, 21-23 April next year, with remote access options available.
Please share our Call for Papers poster online and around your institutions.
We welcome proposals on all aspects of sound and music in games.
This year, we are particularly interested in papers that support the conference theme of ‘Music, Myth, and Magic in Video Games’. Papers on this topic may include:
- Narrative and storytelling in soundtracks
- Medievalism, folklorism, and other forms of musical representation
- Performativity, performance, and spectacle
- Game music and the fantastical
- Sound and music and/as magical interaction
- Power, control, and ability in games and audio
- Negotiating realism with games and sound
Presentations should last twenty minutes and will be followed by questions. Please submit your paper proposal (c.250 words) with a short provisional list of literature by email to email@example.com by January 14th, 2022. We aim to communicate the programme decisions by January 28th, 2022. If you require more information, please email the organizers.
We encourage practitioners and composers to submit proposals for showcasing practice as research.
Keynote Speaker to be announced soon
Organized by Melanie Fritsch, Andra Ivanescu, Michiel Kamp, Tim Summers, & Mark Sweeney.